Artwork Inspired by Moonlight in Vermont




Moonlight in Vermont is a Hallmark Publishing book, so it's based off of a Hallmark movie. This book is about a woman named Fiona, who is a realtor and lives in New York. Her boyfriend breaks up with her, so she ends up going to her family's inn in Vermont with her friend. She ends up bumping into her ex up there and tries to make him jealous by pretending to date the chef at the inn and the story goes on from there.

Being that this is a Hallmark book and based off of a Hallmark movie, it does run like a typical movie from them. It's a bit cheesy haha, but it's still a very nice story. I especially love the atmosphere in the book because I really love New England and the fall-type activities they are doing in Vermont. It was kind of an easily predicted ending, but I still really enjoyed it and I did like how they ended it. Another cool thing is you get a recipe at the back of the book haha.


And now I wanted to share some art I made inspired by the book! Vermont is known for maple trees and maple syrup, so they focus on that a lot in the book. Derek, the chef Fiona is pretending to date, enjoys using food from the nearby area, which includes maple syrup. So I made this art piece inspired by the maple and maple trees in the book.




To make this piece, I used mostly markers, but also one art crayon. I used a wide variety of colors because I really wanted to add depth to the image and add as many details with color as I could. I also wanted to emphasize the tree in front, since it has a special importance (which you will find out when reading the book). So I added some white ink to really help it stand out. I really love how it turned out. I've been trying to improve on my skills with art markers and I think it turned out a lot better than I expected haha.



Let me know what you think! I hope you enjoyed!


- Julie


Links:
Instagram: @charcoalkittyart
Facebook: @charcoalkittyart
Portfolio: www.pathbrite.com/JulieManocchio
RedBubble: www.redbubble.com/people/charcoalkitty (Find my art on products here!)

Comments